Thursday, September 10, 2009

As only my life is...

Do you ever wonder if your life is cursed?? Sometimes I do...not in a bad way but in a funny sort of sick sense of humor way.

We hosted the provincial tournament for Graham's baseball league. Watched the weather for almost two weeks and everything looked great until TS Danny decided to descend on us...here's a little article about the weekend in the paper:
http://www.novanewsnow.com/article-373405-Mosquito-A-squad-battles-opponents-weather-at-provincials.html

Aside from the weather issues, the weekend went well until the very end. The kids were sliding down the hill on their butts and one of the boys from Sydney did as they were leaving and the poor little thing broke his femur when his leg caught. He ended up having surgery at the IWK but his father says he's doing well and thankfully is expected to make a full recovery.

We had a great visit with Tracey, Kaylie and Hannah visiting from BC. My dad took the opportunity to visit all his grand kids at once and he showed up as well. It was a great surprise.

At the end of the visit, I was at mom's house with a couple of the kids. They had wanted ice cream sandwiches from the freezer downstairs...no problem you would think. Only mom's freezer had broke and everything had thawed. If you have ever seen my mother's freezer (the stand up kind) you will know just how full it is. All the meat had thawed and the blood had dripped through all the levels. Of course with all the garbage "laws" you cannot simply put the stuff in a bag, you have to open it all and put the garbage in the appropriate place - GROSS!! There was no cold coming out of the freezer so I decided to un plug it...big mistake...my hands were wet. Yes, you know where this is going...if my hair wasn't curly before it certainly would be now. I got the shock of my life! I screamed, Elysia came flying into the room to check on me...all in all, an eventful day. I cannot imagine what my mother's green bin smells like right now. I also told her she is grounded from the club pack meat section of the grocery store.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for blogging - I missed you. Only in the life of Annie McKinnon!!!
Great article on the tournament - what a celebrity you have become. Looking forward to reading a new blog soon!!
We will miss you at the farm!
Reta

bhoomi said...

I was working and suddenly I visits your blog frequently and recommended it to me to read also. Thats a nice videos help... mcx tips