Thursday, July 9, 2009

What are Hooters?!

Yes...that's right...my son asked "what are Hooters?" last night while I was driving the car and drinking tea...I near spit the tea onto the windshield. I could not look at Mike and Elysia and her friend, Kieran were dying laughing in the back...I didn't say a whole lot so Graham's answer was "that's okay, I'll look it up on the internet"...OMG, can you imagine the search results on that? So we had a little discussion about the restaurant and what the slang was for, we will have to keep a watch on his internet usage over the next few days.

Last night Graham played ball in the city, they won their game and did well. We have a double header on Saturday, three soccer games on Sunday and a ball game in Dartmouth on Monday...busy few days to say the least. In the middle of all that, Mike's parents, sisters, brother in law and nieces are coming for a visit. It will be nice, the kids don't often get to see their grandparents, aunts, uncle and cousins and they are quite excited for it. They are landing in the middle of our mayhem but that's just the way it is...they will come out and watch some ball on Saturday and for those of you who know Graham, know that he will be busting for a hit while they are watching. Elysia will be dragged out of bed again on Sat to work the canteen...not sure if she is loving this whole baseball experience or not.

I got myself a Credit Card...I had given up my credit card a few years ago to be "fiscally responsible"...it had not bothered me to this point. Not until my grandmother passed away and I was unable to rent a car in my name to go to her funeral. Apparently to rent a car, you must have a major credit card and it must be in the name of the person leasing the car...needless to say, the card is in the mail on it's way to me. If something happened to Mike while he was away I would have no way to get to him...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I knew at sometime I could have a lasting influence in Graham's life. I will speak to him the next time I see him. :)
"Uncle" Darrell